peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

2005 s convertible. sunroof opens but then only the left nge

Customer Question

2005 cooper s convertible. sunroof opens but then only the left hinge disengages from the left frame and the right one stays stuck in the frame and the light flashes and the motor starts to be taxed
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check for any debris build up around the hinge and track area as this can cause this type of fault here.If this is checked and found to be o.k. check for any damaged or broken components with the roof.I have seen broken track arms and cables cause an issue like this as well and in allot of cases some of the parts for the components broken are not replaced separately and the entire track needs replaced.This does need to be inspected further for any damaged components or debris causing this here then repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tracks are very clean. How do I see if there's any damage as it's very difficult to see the inside of any parts of the top.

In most cases the track has to be removed to fully inspect it which usually involves removing the head liner for a full inspection.This can be time consuming but is usually the best way to inspect for any damaged or broken components needing repaired or replaced.In most cases if the track is damaged the entire track has to be replaced.

Thanks Pete