CHEVYEATER351
CHEVYEATER351, BMW Technician
Experience:  Worked for BMW for 6 years, have current BMW master rating.
76711631

I installed a used engine into an 08 bmw 75oli and keep

Customer Question

I installed a used engine into an 08 bmw 75oli and keep getting a code p0025 cam over retard bank 2 . I swapped cam sensors and vanos out still the same. what to do next or is possible that it needs a relearn after engine install
Category: BMW
Expert:  CHEVYEATER351 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, sounds like the timing is off. Unfortunately there is no real way to tell without removing the valve cover for that side and installing the timing tool. You can not eye ball the timing to check it, sorry. The engine could have bad timing guides or a bad VANOS unit on the cam. If you have any other questions relating to this question please ask or please leave positive feedback so I get credit for answering your question.

If you are happy with the response please leave me positive feedback so that I will get credit for my time, thank you in advance.