peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

My left trailer signal now does not work even though did

Customer Question

my left trailer signal now does not work even though did before, but right is fine and 2009 X5 is fine, just not on trailer...hooked another trailer up that worked on another vehicle but same issue, hooked my trailer on another vehicle also OK meaning problem is from my X5 to trailer harness plug...am suspecting is a fuse but can't figure out which one to even check, plus maybe another issue?
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

First check the terminal connection at the trailer plug to see if the terminal on the vehicle side of the trailer wiring plug is damaged or corroded in any way.If a fault is found with the terminal it will need either cleaned or replaced to correct this fault here.If this is checked and found o.k. and there is no wiring damage to the back of the trailer plug on the vehicle let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.