CHEVYEATER351
CHEVYEATER351, BMW Technician
Experience:  Worked for BMW for 6 years, have current BMW master rating.
76711631

My convertible top is stuck in the trunk.. lid opens but the

Customer Question

my convertible top is stuck in the trunk.. lid opens but the top never comes up to close
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
hello,
what question would you like answered about this?
Expert:  CHEVYEATER351 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, there is no easy and quick fix for this. I am guessing that the Top Button in the vehicle is flashing as well. Good thing is that if you can get someone to help you, both of you can get on each side of the vehicle and pull it out of the trunk and possibly get it to close. It is hydraulically operated so it will be difficult but possible. As you do this watch to see if there is any binding to make sure the top panels are not bent. The dealer may be able to recalibrate the top, but it may have a sensor, pinched wiring in the top or hydraulic ram issue and may need replacement. If you move the top and at times try to use the button in the vehicle to close the top. As the top goes through movement some of the sensors will change their readings and may allow for the top to close.

Please leave positive feedback so that I get credit for my time.

If you are happy with the response please leave me positive feedback so that I will get credit for my time, thank you in advance.