CHEVYEATER351
CHEVYEATER351, BMW Technician
Experience:  Worked for BMW for 6 years, have current BMW master rating.
76711631

I have a BMW m5 e60 2006 just did clutch and then throttle

Customer Question

I have a BMW m5 e60 2006 just did clutch and then throttle actuators car ran ok did reprogram of clutch and at 2nd step couldn't start engine only turns over
Category: BMW
Expert:  Kenny replied 1 year ago.

Did the crank sensor get damaged during the repair? or unplugged?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I followed the steps in repair book removed it and put back in. The car did run nice but had DSC error and idle was ruff I changed the throttle actuator after trans job. Had ruff idle was much better so I thought to redo clutch program since running better. But when you go to step 2 it only turns over so can't program. I also found mouse nest in motor vally next to throttle actuator but didn't find damage. Cleaned up. I have a good scanner but I have just started using it. I'm a good mech but broke my neck so I can't work as before must go slow I got a AUTEL MAXISYS MY908 they said it can program my car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I looked at all fuses all good. Injectors don't tap when try to start engine. Couldn't hear any noise from injectors when turning over?
Expert:  CHEVYEATER351 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, you have to make sure the throttles are programmed as well. The throttles need to go through a calibration procedure and I am not sure if you scanner will do it. Without this the DME does not know what the throttle positions are. The vehicle will not start if the throttles are not learned(calibrated).

Please leave positive feedback so that I get credit for my time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry they self program when you leave key in on position for 1 min. Then your good to go.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's in my BMW manual

Ok sounds like its under control, I will open the question up and let someone else give it a shot. Thanks