Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

2007 BMW 650i suddenly says phone not installed and so

Customer Question

2007 BMW 650i suddenly says phone not installed and so unavailable.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

hello, what has been checked so far?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, after googling it, it would appear that I shouldn't have washed my car. I heard a crackling noise right after the car wash and then the radio went silent, the SOS went out and then the system said no mobile phone connected.
I don't want to have to pay $3,000 for a new computer. Any suggestions on how to get this fixed other than at a cost of $3,000? Only had the car 1 week. Bought an extended warranty but while it covers electrical, it doesn't cover the computer.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

I will provide an honest answer

I trust this will be apprecaited.

please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for answering your question

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

if the phone module has failed the only fix is to replace it. the only way to save any costs would be to source a used unit which is a perfect match for your car.

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

ebay is the best source for used modules but you will need to ensure you get an exact part # ***** to ensure compatibility and likely will need to have the replacement programmed by BMW after installation

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will the phone module fix the son and the radio as there is no sound from the radio?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant "sos" not son.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

it will fix the sos, but it could also be that your amplifier has failed. Impossible to know until the car is proper diagnosed with a BMW diagnostic computer

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

if there are no additional questions, Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

if there are no additional questions, please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.