Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years Fixing Cars and Trucks
7276279

I recently changed my trans pan/filter and fluid and

Customer Question

Hello, I recently changed my trans pan/filter and fluid and everything seemed to go smoothly- I even went back over the job a second time to make sure. Problem is after the first fill, the trans won't shift into any gear, saying "Trans Range N Only when
Engine On!" NOTHING EVEN CLOSE TO THIS HAS EVER HAPPENED BEFORE. I tried over and over and couldn't get anything, so I reset the transmission, but nothing better. Lastly, I triggered the Emergency Brake Release beside the OBDII port using my key, but to no
avail- How do I get the transmission to shift back into gear?? PLEASE HELP
Category: BMW
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine what is causing this concern the first thing you need to do is to scan the computer and see if there are any fault codes setting, if you can get this done and post back with the results I will try and help you get this resolved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PROBLEM SOLVED!!Thanks
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Glad to hear you got it resolved and thank you as well.