peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

Checked my airbag light with an bmw srs code reader and got

Customer Question

Checked my airbag light with an bmw srs code reader and got a 2 which is a driver side seat belt tensioner. That was a while back. Since then I took my car into a bmw dealership for a recall on the passenger side airbag. Replaced the driver side belt tensioner today, tried to clear the code and nothing ! Only now I have three new codes sonce the new airbag was installed. 51-fault lamp, 50 supply voltage, 60 seat belt buckle switch. Grew up working on cars, have searched all bmw columns and nothing. Car inspection this month ( Missouri). Pull fuse 10 and it goes out but cruise control light comes on which does not bother me. HEEEELP ! LOL
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
325i M56 engine 2003 e46. Car runs great.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect the wiring leading to and at the air bag computer itself to see if any wiring damage is found.In some cases this fault here can be caused by damage to the air bag control module/ecu itself needing repaired.If this was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.