Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years Fixing Cars and Trucks
7276279

Okay this is what happen I decided to see if I could code my

Customer Question

Okay this is what happen I decided to see if I could code my 2008 BMW 550i e60. Well I did something with some of the modules and now it won't start. I was using the program INPA. She was working fine and oh Yea my alternator is going out. You think that's the problem? While I was coding it I had a charger hooked up to it so the battery wouldn't drain. But come to find out the charger was hot to the touch and so were the cables to the charger. You think it would of blown a fuse. Or is there any fuse that would keep it from starting
Category: BMW
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark, injector pulse and proper fuel pressure, the place to start is first scan the computer system and see if there are any fault codes setting . If there are no fault codes then check for spark, injector pulse and proper fuel pressure. Post back with the results and we can work from there to try and help you get this resolved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well right now I'm at work I get out around 5this afternoon. Also it was working fine I don't know why it won't start. When I get home I'll check it
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay have a look when you can and post back and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank-you
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Your very welcome and thank you as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is what I think happen I Put in a wrong code and now is not wanting to start. I didn't replace nothing I just screwed my self I know it's not a major problem well I hope not I just need to reset the whole thing but I can't find nothing about it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
somehow I also changed the transmission setting and I cleared or all the code but the same ones keep coming back
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

I would suggest you contact you dealer with you vin number and have them get you the As-built data which will allow you to reprogram the system. Unfortunately I do not have access to this information.