Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

2005 BMW X3 2.5 l When doing a code scan I get 8 systems

Customer Question

2005 BMW X3 2.5 l When doing a code scan I get 8 systems checked and sometime I get 9 systems checked. When it only does the 8 the airbag is the one that is not checked. Also the horn, radio, navigation, seat warmers and cruse control do not work. When the scanner is able to read all 9 the horn, radio, navigation, seat warmers and cruse work. What do they all have in common?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

what is the last 7 digits of the vin?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WC51897, full VIN WBXPA73435WC51897
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

these systems have nothing in common, so it is not as simple as identifying the common component.

the most common cause of this would be a faulty ignition switch so I would suggest starting here as it is inexpensive

if the ignition switch does not solve the problem, it would have to be a faulty module which is causing interference for other modules and taking other systems offline

to diagnose this, you would need to disconnect modules one by one until the problem went away - thus identifying the problem component.

based on what you have described the srs / airbag module would be the most likely issue, followed by the slip ring.

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer.