peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

Resurching A0B4and A0B2 fault codes no crank no start

Customer Question

resurching A0B4and A0B2 fault codes no crank no start
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

On some models there were issues with the electronic steering lock that would not disengage and would cause this issue here.If this has not been checked this should be done and if found to be an issue it will need replaced.You should hear a click or hum/buzz noise from the steering column area when inserting the key or trying to turn the key that is the sound of the lock itself unlocking.If you do not hear this noise most likely this is the lock needing replaced.

Thanks Pete