peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I can't open my 530xi doors or start car with taking key out

Customer Question

I can't open my 530xi doors or start car with taking key out of key fob or putting it into steer column
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not checked to see if the main vehicle battery is weak or dead I would start with this to see if a fault is found.In allot of cases this type of fault here can be caused by a weak or dead main vehicle battery needing replaced.If this was already checked and found o.k. let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete
It's a brand new battery in car

Even being brand new I have seen some new ones fail before causing issues like this here or loose battery cables at the battery needing cleaned and tightened.If there is an electrical component putting a drain on the battery in the vehicle it may have drained down the battery causing this as well.If you know for sure it is good and charged or was replaced with this issue before and the issue still occurred after let me know.

Thanks Pete