Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I am getting a vibration only thru the gas pedal and only

Customer Question

Hello, I am getting a vibration only thru the gas pedal and only during acceleration. I don't feel or have any vibration in the seat or the steering wheel. I just got new tires and I've balanced the wheels twice and the 2nd balance helped but has not eliminated the vibration. Does the car need a road force balance? Or is this a symptom of something else?
I have a 2012 BMW 535i xDrive sedan. Thanks for any help!
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

there are many things that can cause a vibration like this

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

most commonly it is balance related. if the car has not been road force balanced then this should be your next step. you caould also swap in wheels from a similar car with no vibration as a test.

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

other possibilities would be wear / play in the suspension or elsewhere in the drive train

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

please let me know if you have additional questions. please do not forget to click on a positive rating

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the quick reply. Outside of the balance issue, if that doesn't fix it, what issues in the drivetrain or suspension should I focus on?I have a road force balance appt tomorrow scheduled to see if that fixes it.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

I would focus on all front end suspension components and drive shaft and outputs shafts

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great, thanks. I'll reach back out to you tomorrow after I have them road-force balanced and checked out by the mechanic.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

you are welcome. as the question has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating. if you wish to follow up tomorrow, you can do so for no additional charge by simply returning to this page after leaving a positive rating