peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

1997 BMW 740IL, remote key will not open doors, I tried a

Customer Question

1997 BMW 740IL, remote key will not open doors, I tried a new battery and still it will not work with the remote. The key will start the car and unlock doors fine. I also tried the remote key initialization procedure described in the owners manual and
went through the procedure five times with no response from the car, just the red flashing led on the remote.
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Even though most of the remote signals/operations are operating properly this can still be an issue with the remote itself not sending the correct signals to open the doors.I have seen some remotes fail like this before in the past and had to replace the remote.I would have the remote signals tested (this usually needs done by a dealer or authorized repair centers computer) to see if the remote is the cause here needing replaced.

Thanks Pete