Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have located a 2008 740Li in excellent condition except

Customer Question

I have located a 2008 740Li in excellent condition except the owner says the engine is non-op because it has a bent valve? I am planning to put in a used engine with low miles and a good compression check. Any idea on the number of hours in a swap like this? The engine is complete except for peripherals which will need transfer. Thoughts, comments, warnings?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
Labor will be approx 20 hours for this.
In temrs of other thoughts, I would stay away from this car in general, they are poorly designed, not terrible durable and costly to own, regardless of any complications related to engine swap.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.