Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I got a 2011 bmw 535i, the a/c stop cooling, it blows hot

Customer Question

i got a 2011 bmw 535i, the a/c stop cooling, it blows hot air, freon level is ok and compressor clutch is engaging, either way i put a new compressor and dryer yesterday, recharge freon at 1.98lbs still ac not working
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No DTC's on the diagnostic tool
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
Ok, to start with, I need both the high side and low side pressures at idle with ac on, and then the static pressures
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot find the high pressure but in the low pressure side it have around 140 and when I turn ac on I know is supposed to go down but the pressure never change , I think is just 10 psi difference with ac on or off
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Low side that high with compressor engaged means that the expansion valve is restricted or failed in closed mode. This prevents the refrigerant from flowing thru the evaporator, hence no cooling. This back up in the system is what jacks the low side so high.
Normal low pressure is between 26-55psi, depending upon outside temperature, humidity and elevation.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now is showing a code , it says compressor control valve short circuit to ground
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
have you got the fault code number it self?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
802094 a/c compressor: control valve , short circuit to ground
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Unfortunately I will need to opt out as I have nothing for that code for diagnostics.
If another expert does, they will reply here