peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I have 2003 M3, code 59 clutch actuation dinamics. Won't

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Henry. I have 2003 M3 , code 59 clutch actuation dinamics . Won't start after driving , Parked for few minuses .
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
Double check and make sure the vehicle is in park and is showing that it is in park as this can cause this type of fault here in some cases,this may be a faulty with the hydraulic unit/valve body in the transmission itself or one of the sensors for it needing replaced.This will have to be tested further to pinpoint the cause for the fault then repaired from there to correct it.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete! My M3 has SMG it started normal, shifting gear normal , only after driving for awhile, came back, on N, turned-off, walked away for few minutes. Coming back, could not crank. transmission fault light is on , code 59 clutch actuation dynamic shows. After 2, 3 hours , can start again with the fault light still on, and code 59.

This indicates this is an electrical issue with the transmission electronics.If it was a mechanical fault the issue would occur all of the time.The transmission sensors and solenoids will need to be checked/tested to locate which is the cause here and then repaired from there.

Thanks Pete