Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I got a shot of water on the face of my radio and CD player.

Customer Question

I got a shot of water on the face of my radio and CD player. I let it dry out in the sun and the radio and CD player work fine off the controls on the steering wheel but not on the face of the radio.
The on/off button works and the volume control but not the buttons. No station scan.
I can only play the stations that I had programmed in. From the steering wheel.
The unit can't be bad because it works. Just not the screen.
I checked the fuses today, after a great deal of difficulty and they seem to be ok.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
Unfortunately the probelm is that the unit is bad. The internals are not and this is why it works, but the buttons on the front are water damaged.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see how the unit can be bad while unit itself works. Stations, volume. Control works on the steering wheel but only on preset stations.
The on/off on the unit works and the volume.
Is it only the faceplate that is bad?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to mention that the CD player works.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The digital display on the radio front also works. But only on the preset stations...
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating
I understand that. It does not change my answer. I'm sorry but anything that does not work does not work because it is water damaged. Individual buttons/features/parts can be damaged without everything else failing