Mike, Garage owner
Experience:  34 years of self employed vehicle diagnostic & repair
9261905

I'm sorry i have a 2002 bmw codes po363 what will something

Customer Question

i'm sorry i have a 2002 bmw codes po363 what will something like that cost me and where can i go near 19023 area code to get it done
Category: BMW
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..

The fault code you have there is for a misfire on the engine.

You dont say which engine you have - petrol or diesel - Im assuming petrol... If so, this can be as simple as a spark plug fault - worn / needing replacing... or an ignition coil fault - or the wiring to them.. To be honest this is common - and most any half decent shop in your locale can deal with this - It doesn't have to be a BMW dealer or anyone special.. Your local shops are more than capable of sorting that fault code / fault out for you.. So, I would suggest just calling around locally and get some quotes for the job. It shouldn't be a major task... but either way -these things as above are where to start.

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..

~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..

Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -

- Best Rgds, MIKE.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did change the plugs and coils still having this problem . could it be the fuel injector and my engine is petro 4.4 the code reads fueling disabled
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi again..
Thank you for your reply and further info.
In that case yes - it *could* be the fuel injector ( one of or more ).. or, the wiring / connections to it...but at this stage I doubt it.
These models are known for bad looms / wiring to the coils etc - so do check that first -
You need to check if the coils are firing the plugs ---
A good code reader will normally ID which cylinder you have a misfire on - or, a tester in LIVE DATA mode will do that - narrowing it down for you.
- Now I note you say it says fueling disabled - that can be quite misleading.. thats a consequence - not a cause. You need to be determining as above if you have a single cylinder misfire or a whole bank -ie, one side of the engine.
If so - you have most likely wiring faults to either the injectors - or, most likely coils.. killing them. You then get the fueling disabled - because the Ecu does this to save pumping fuel into the engine that will not get burned - because of no ignition.
Working forward then as above you will get to the bottom of this.
---Please do click on the OK ratings for me at this point - Thank you again... and again, you can still get back to me anytime should you still need.
Best Rgds, MIKE.