Mike, Garage owner
Experience:  34 years of self employed vehicle diagnostic & repair
9261905

Its related to my 1998 Z3 top - we have had the car 2 years

Customer Question

its related to my 1998 Z3 top - we have had the car for about 2 years the top has always worked perfectly. We went out this morning put the top down and then up again then down again and got home and in the driveway it would not go up at all???
Category: BMW
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome -

This is MIKE - Im sorry to see you have had a wait.

Usually this is down to something thats got into the mechanism for the roof - check for debris / litter on the hinges etc..

Check also the back panel - above the boot area sometimes those panels come out of place and cause a jamb.

I don't think at this stage its much so try that first as above.

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..

~~~>>>>>>~ Meanwhile - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..

Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -

- Best Rgds, MIKE.