Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

97bmw 528i i installed new starter new newtral swhich the

Customer Question

97bmw 528i i installed new starter new newtral swhich the still dont start what can i must do at this point.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
what diagnostics have been carried out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wires, relay and all fuses checked. neutral switch was leaking oil and the insulation of the wire was ruined and the wires became clumped together.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
there are multiple things that can cause the car not to start like this.
at this time I would suggest having the car scanned with a BMW scan tool to see what faults are present - this will be the only way to avoid guesswork and get the car running
if you need a non-dealer for this, check out www.bimmershops.com or www.bimrs.org for options
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.