Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

2012 Countryman: What is real meaning behind the message

Customer Question

2012 Countryman: What is real meaning behind the message "Engine Malfunction - Reduced power"?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
this message is not specific unfortunately, only intended as a driver warning, not to aid in diagnostics in any way.
this warning can be triggered by any fault which prevents proper engine operation.
it is very commonly triggered by fuel system related issues on this model (fuel pump, injectors, etc) but the only way to verify with certainty is to have the fault logs scanned from the car using a BMW/MINI scan tool. This is your next/only step at this time
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.