Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Electronic fault message but car starts up and runs ..

Customer Question

Electronic fault message but car starts up and runs .. Computer and navigation not coming on but still drove to work ... Flat tire sensor though none of them are flat .. Is it battery car was just at dealership to get the works no microfilter water pump thermostat . Etc .. So confused 2006 bmw 330i 87,k
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What warning exactly are you getting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Electronic malfunction , stop car very carefully ..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Continued driving isn't pissible .. But still drives ..
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
ok
what question specifically can I answer for you about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What could be causing it, and is dangerous or just a malfunction .. I tried to send pictures not sure if they went through or not. All my oil micro filter etc. are fine new water pump and thermostat as well .
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
this is very concerning as you could end up stranded at any time.
this warning is not specific so the only way to verify 100% what is triggering it is to have the computer fault logs scanned from the car using a BMW scan tool.
commonly on this model a failing alternator, failing battery, failed control module or melting at the fuse box will cause this kind of warning, but again, the faults must be read out and proper tests carried out hands on to verify
if you need a non dealer for this work to save on costs, check out www.bimmershops.com or www.bimrs.org
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.