Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I replaced my passenger side window regulator and all works

Customer Question

I replaced my passenger side window regulator and all works fine where the passenger window goes up down np using the passage side window switch.
But now the driver side switch will not work with the repaired window. Also the 2 other issues. The monitor saya door open when it is not. Also the console lock switch will not work.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
Does the remote lock/unlock work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
did these new problems only arise after the regulator was replaced?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
first be sure you check fuses if you have not.
if not a fuse, there are a few things that could be going on
one would be pinched wiring in either of the front doors or where the wiring leaves the body and goes into the door.
another would be a failure of the driver's door module
finally, it could be a failure of the general module, which controls all windows and doors and other body functions
I would suggest a can on a bmw scan tool. if you need a non dealer option for this, check out www.bimmershops.com or www.bimrs.org
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.