Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master, 30+ years exp. former shop owner, diagnostics, driveability tech
2947720

I wrote you to your answer to make sure that DME software

Customer Question

I wrote you a follow up to your answer to make sure that DME software update is the solution to my mechanical problem. I did explain in detail when it started this problem of stalling when backing out of parking spot in garage. The whole problem started
a year ago. How much the BMW dealers charge for the DME software update. I am the original owner of BMW X5 2003, 136,000 miles.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

They are normally required to address and factory bulletins before any diagnostics can be done and the labor for it is about one hour, (regardless of how long it takes). At the dealership that is around $125 or so, thanks