Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

2006 bmw no start issue

Customer Question

2006 bmw no start issue
Category: BMW
Expert:  JayPutelis replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Does the engine crank at all when you try and start it?

-JP

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does. I also have a code 2F44 EWS manipulation protection and I suspect disconnected wiring could be the culprit. Its two small connectors hanging underneath the dash disconnected. Can I send you a pic of them and maybe thats my problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still helping me?
Expert:  JayPutelis replied 1 year ago.

Yes. Can you attach a pic of the connector please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I was waiting on your response I found where those connectors go. They are for the speaker and light in the plastic panel just below the steering wheel. I also checked and I have no spark or fuel. Crankshaft position sensor seems to be working because during cranking the rpm's move. I also suspect that the code 2F44 is from constant cranking.
Expert:  JayPutelis replied 1 year ago.

What scan tool are you using?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Snap On Verdict
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I noticed that the module or whatever its called that mounts on the positive terminal of the battery was melted and I replaced it. Wondering if it caused any damage to the computer since it goes to the front of the car and distributes power to the computer. See attached photos
Expert:  JayPutelis replied 1 year ago.

Can the verdict read out all the body control modules as well? If so, are there any other faults in the vehicle such as the jbe or frm?

Expert:  JayPutelis replied 1 year ago.

Hi, do you still need assistance?