Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

BMW 528i 1998. I left the key inside the trunk. Locksmith

Customer Question

BMW 528i 1998.
I left the key inside the trunk.
Locksmith recommended me to go to dealer but I'm bussy. I have the access in the sunroof about 2 inches and I tried to open driver and passenger side and I see the handle moves but doesn't open.
I have the motor hood opened is there a way to open the trunk?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated on a Sunday. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
there is no way to open the trunk without having the key having the car unlocked with access to the interior. This is by design. You would be robbed if there was a way into the trunk without the key. The car would not be secure at all.
I would suggest you simply order a new key as it is wise to have to keys for a bmw due to the microchips in the key that can fail and prevent start
the only other alterative will be to take destructive / damaging action, which is not recommended.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.