Mike, Garage owner
Experience:  34 years of self employed vehicle diagnostic & repair
9261905

750 LI: I've got 2006 BMW 750LI, it was a run and drive ,

Customer Question

I've got 2006 BMW 750LI, it was a run and drive , suddenly it won't start - starter running but no start. Checked everything and find out there is no sparks on spark plugs. Can you help?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome..My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise. Sorry to see you have had a wait.With this issue -for it to have lost its spark on the ignition, there is every chance its crank sensor has failed.. This sensor picks up its signal from the engine rotating and hence "fires" the circuit so to speak - While you could have other issues - other causes, that is a common fault on these so that should be checked -I dont know what capabilities / test equipment you have - but really it should be plugged into a test / diagnostic machine to see exactly whats happened - You can have a mobile mechanic come to you to at least run that test to be sure - that would save recovery to a garage - On your own, you cant really test test the sensor - you can though check the wiring loom to it - in case of any faults there. Unlikely to be honest on an 06 -but worth checking...Thats the way forward on this one for sure now -Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out.-- Best Rgds, MIKE.