Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

On the mini cooper 2006 there is a distributer located in

Customer Question

On the mini cooper 2006 there is a distributer located in the middle top of valve cover, if i was to unscrew the bolts that hold it in place and move it to the side, but keep all the wires on, the car would continue to operate with out any change right
(I would like to mount something else in the distributers place)
Category: BMW
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am assuming you are referring to the ignition coil that the ignition cables go to. As long as you do not change the order of the cables going to (where they plug in) and have it bolted to metal to ground it, you can move it. Also, you cannot have the ignition cables going to it lay on anything hot or they will melt and short out, causing misfires
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks