Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I can't get my tonneau cover to pop loose on the passanger

Customer Question

i can't get my tonneau cover to pop loose on the passanger side of my 1998 323 i. Do you have any suggetions?
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a fully manual convertible top. when I pull the lever to trip the cover, it only trips on the driver side, and the passenger side remains latched.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
hi, what exactly have you tried?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pulling on the release lever while having another person pressing down on the passenger side of the cover to maybe get the latch to trip.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
I would suggest pounding hard with a fist in the area while having somebody else pull the lever.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's exactly what I've already tried for over an hour to no avail. Is that the best you can come up with? So since this has already failed when I tried doing that before I contacted you guys and you have no other remedy then that I feel my time and money has been wasted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't had a response from a new BMW mechanic yet!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still haven't heard from a different BMW expert. I am not happy with the first ones response. I want my money back!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please answer, or give a refund
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want my money back!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You guys are a bunch of losers! No response, no money back gaurantee!