Kevin
Kevin, BMW Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

Power roof release

Customer Question

power roof release
Category: BMW
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Kevin how can I help what is the problem with roof that you have
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes did you read my post already?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It won't go up or down
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
What normally happens on these roofs is the pumps fail due to water contamination . The pump is in the n/s of car behind seat unfortunately removal of roof is required for access the only way to know for sure is to use diagnostic machine to see if roof is being powered . You can shut the roof manually by opening boot and pulling release handle and lifting roof by hand
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wrong, I found the pump in the trunk located on the left side of the car not behind the seat. The pump is not located where their is water or where water can get into the line. I know its an electrical problem since I hear the pump click.
I want my money back!