Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

The hard top in my 2011 bmw 328i convertible i stuck in the

Customer Question

the hard top in my 2011 bmw 328i convertible i stuck in the down position. i had something in my trunk underneath the cargo tray and it must have shifted before the top went down. is there a way to manually release the top so that i can lift it and remove
the item?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
unfortunately there is no manual release. BMW did not engineer one in. The only thing you can try is to help lift the top as somebody else actuates the button.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
please let me know if you have further questions. please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The top has not finished it's complete cycle going down. do i want to try and pull it up?? don't want to damage it any further.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
that is the only thing you can try at this point, toggling up while assisting with upward pressure . you don't want to pull too hard, but a little assistance can do the trick if it is not too badly jammed.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.