Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master, 30+ years exp. former shop owner, diagnostics, driveability tech
2947720

Bmw X5: .my name is ***** ***** I'm having problems with

Customer Question

Hello.my name is ***** ***** I'm having problems with my05x5 reservoir boiling bac through,an I just spent $1200 on water pump, im thinking I got rip off.. mechanic sees nothing wrong .can you give some I fo llz
Category: BMW
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today..They are sometimes bad about the radiators clogging up and causing an overheating. You can have that tested at a radiator shop or feel around the core when the engine is hot to see if there are any cool spots that would indicate a clog..However, with any engine that runs hot, overheats or has been overheated it is best to check the integrity of the engine, (head gaskets and heads, etc.). The first thing that you want to do is check the cooling system for any exhaust gases. Make sure that it’s full first. There is a tester for that, that you can get from Autozone for about $20. They will normally lend you the tester and you just buy the fluid for about $8. It comes with instructions, but there is a blue fluid that is used in it, if the fluid turns yellow, that is exhaust gases. . Block tester available is: Napa BK.(###) ###-#### ***** Tester AUTOZONE Part Number:27145 http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Tools/Block-Tester/_/N-25dh?filterByKeyWord=block+tester&fromString=search .*****You will want to check it at different RPM’s and at different temperatures*** ... If there are any exhaust gases in the cooling system, that will cause more pressure than desired and will allow the engine to burn coolant and/or heat the coolant up too high. Most times not filling the crankcase with coolant either and not smoke out the exhaust. If there are, then there would be an internal engine problem, like a head gasket or head. ..Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here..