EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

Mini cooper sport: my 2007 mini cooper s sun roof won't close

Customer Question

my 2007 mini cooper s sun roof won't close properly to seal. My husband's mechanic lubricated the tracks and the rubbers and seals. Once it pops up it will slide back and forth but once we try to close -it won't seal. What do you suppose is the problem and how can our mechanic get instructions as how to fix the sun roof. We live in a very rural area and the nearest dealership is almost 3 hours away.
Category: BMW
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. You just may need to adjust the glass. You can check to see if it appears the glass is hitting the car roof.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Also I can offer you the glass adjustment procedure and all the information the mechanic needs from the Mini workshop manual in pdf format, through this website. But there is an additional fee. Let me know if that is something you may be interested in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband told me that the glass is hitting the rubber not the car roof. So, your answer doesn't help. The window slides forward and when it gets to the rubber - it's to go into the rubber and seal. As soon as it the front window gets to the seal the motor won't pull it down to seal it It
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello? I just get one answer? I used this site before and was treated very nicely.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
I am looking up service information. Since usually a glass adjustment fixes the concern you are having.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Have you replaced the battery recently? As a re initialization may need to be done.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No we haven't replaced the battery.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I have not see the concern you are having with your sunroof exactly. I will opt-out and maybe another Mini expert has seen this problem before.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you saying someone else will get on and try to answer the question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think this site is a rip off...No one is responding...
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I will opt-out and and your question is back in the quesiton list where other experts can view it and decide to respond if they feel they can answer it.