Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', BMW Mechanic
Experience:  Heavy Line Mech-, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.
1609972

ThereI just replaced my regulator on a 2002n bmw 745 I

Customer Question

Hi there
I just replaced my regulator on a 2002n bmw 745 I on drivers side. Now the window goes to the top and rolls back down half way. Any ideas now how to fix
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to also hold down the power switch for 5-10 seconds and then roll up again as per google but nothing same thing it goes to top and comes back down half way
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.Sounds like you have not "Initialized" correctlyThe below has to be performed "exactly as shown"Operating sequence for initialization: Move window into lower end position.Press switch into "Open one-touch operation" (second switch position) for approx. 15 to 25 s and hold down.Release switch, then immediately press into "Close one-touch operation" (second switch stage) and hold down.The side window now moves to the lower end position and then back to the upper end position. Initialization is completed once the side window has returned to the upper end position.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.. Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..Rating is very Important to our Service.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
"open one touch operation" second switch position ???? I thought there is only one position open and close
second switch position = push switch twice & hold.
Hello again Lurch here.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about.
If I have helped, please RATE my answer
I would appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
If you have already rated my answer, then Thanks alot.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.
If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.
.
........................