Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

M5: 06 m5 SMG problem after clutch replacement comes back with

Customer Question

06 m5 SMG problem after clutch replacement comes back with error message 133: valve overlap outside tolerance and code 4f67 present.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
you most likely simply need to have the proper calibration / adaptions carried out now with a BMW scan tool. this is required after clutch replacement.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Steve, the clutch teach in and SMG adaptation was carried out by BMW tester after the repair, and after the short drive 4FA0 clutch code came right back. Started to diagnose it again and running the clutch teach in came back with error
message 133: valve overlap outside tolerance ,clutch components are OK. The SMG module have the 4F67 fault code in it now.
Some of the teach in not run, don't let me do anything, because of the 133 message. What could be the problem ,is the clutch valve ever fails on this system? Can the SMG module be reset .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
24 hour is almost over no answer to my question by top nutch BMW mechanics, what is up with that?