Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

530i: 2007 530i n53 100,090 miles. No prior Start nor idle

Customer Question

2007 530i n53 100,090 miles. No prior Start nor idle issues, has an interstate 95r full size CCA 840 ca 1020 battery.
Out of the blue, car was warm, started it, rough idle 500 to 1100 rpm bobble then died. Took a couple tries it re started and limped home at 2000- 3000rpm constantly wanted to die.
Troubleshooting: Battery would not charge past 11.6 volts. Put in new Pb, have not registered yet, replaced upper disa valve. It was bad but believed the battery was my primary issue. Unfortunately I screwed up using the trickle charge and in replacing the battery the car was 100% disconnected.
Current state, turns over well cranks over big time. Initially on crank it sounds like it might catch and then nothing. Just turns over, no attempt to start.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
hello
what is fuel pressure?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I popped off the vanity and can't find a Schrader to save my life. I have a guage. Also no codes off OBDII
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Steve, ready, willing and able. How do I measure fuel pressure on this car? Can't find anything on the net.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I like the thought but can't see how best to measure fuel pressure.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
hi,
I can see that you have had two questions answered in the past but were not satisfied with either answer.
please let me know what question exactly you would like to have answered, so that I can be sure to provide the information it is that you are looking for, and so that you will be satisfied with my answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think your idea to look at the fuel pressure is a good idea. However, I do not know how to measure the fuel pressure. Once we have fuel pressure I assume it helps with getting the car to start
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The original question is: why doesn't my car start? If the fuel pressure is bad then I owe the $31. If the fuel pressure is good I assume we go to your next troubleshooting step.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At this point I'm just going to raise a complaint and ask for my $5 bucks back. You asked me what the fuel pressure is and you know the car is not starting. I have told you I have a guage but can't find a Schrader valve the Most typical fuel rail measurement port. I have repeatedly explained but you have not replied.