Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Cooper: How do I access the satellite radio option on my satellite

Customer Question

How do I access the satellite radio option on my satellite ready 2015 Mini Cooper radio
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
Satelitle ready only means wired. So, you would need to have mini/bmw install the actual receiver unit then program the car to accept/recognize it.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Steve. The car is a 2015 Mini Cooper. It has everything on it for satellight. I'm being told I have to pay $375 for an access code that they will program in I have worked for Toyota for 27 years. I know there are programming shortcuts to access other screens. I feel this is what mini will do. I thought that is what you were going to show me how to do.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to click on a positive rating
If the module is already installed then you only need the programming.
This 100% requires a factory bmw/mini programming computer for this. There is no short cut or work around. I am sorry but this is beyond my control. Please do not shoot the messenger. I trust my honest and prompt response is appreciated on a saturday.
You might be able to find a shop to do it for less on www.bimmershops.com or www.bimrs.org