Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

530: this whole car is wet under the carpet so im trying to

Customer Question

this whole car is wet under the carpet so im trying to take seats out to get the carpet out but the front driver seat wont move in any position. I checked power and ground going to the longitudinal motor and im getting 12 volts to when checking between the red and brown wire. is the third wire a control wire? I would like to power the motor externally to see if its working and to try to move the seat back to get the front mounting bolts.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with this. Can you post the last seven digits of the VIN number and I can look up the wiring diagram for your BMW seat problem. Thank you.