peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

X5: I can not get my hood to open on my 03 bmw x5,,,the cable

Customer Question

I can not get my hood to open on my 03 bmw x5,,,the cable stillthe end on it that hooks to the latch on the inside lever has
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here this sounds like the latch itself was damaged and needs replaced or the cable has come loose from the latch,in some cases the front grill has to be cut out to manually release the latch for this issue and then the cable inspected to see if it needs replaced or reconnected and if the latch needs replaced.
Thanks Pete