Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

750li: The lights no longer flash or beep when locked. I checked

Customer Question

The lights no longer flash or beep when locked. I checked all the doors, hood and gas lock. The fuses are all fine and the panic alarm still works. I can lock/unlock the doors with the fab. Also, until two days ago I was able to walk up to the car and open the locked door with the key fab in my hand. That no longer works. I tried both sets of keys. Any suggestions????
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What has been checked so far?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did i just give my credit card and know no response
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I asked a question. Can you please reply to my question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm asking you what should I do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fuses are fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
??
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
I would try changing the key batteries and also unhooking the car battery for an hour to reboot the system.
as for the audible alarm, this is a programmable option so it would actually need to be re-enabled by a dealer using a programming computer. sometimes the settings get lost.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.