Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

BMW MINI ONE YEAR 2006 I had some suspension work done on

Customer Question

BMW MINI ONE YEAR 2006 I had some suspension work done on the front and the front abs sensor was damaged. A day later the car developed a fault where the main and front and rear side lights are on when the ignition is turned on. The main head lights do
not respond to the switch on the stalk only the side lights. and the air con no longer works. I have checked all visible cables for damage and there is no blown fuses to do with the lights or the air con.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
This would most likely be a failed ignition switch or body control module so I would focus your efforts there. Ultimately a bmw/mini factory scan tool will likely be required to verify.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I am working nights so will no have a chance to look at it yet.
As you can appreciate we contact experts like yourself for the correct answer as we have come to dead end in our efforts.
I had a feeling it would be a module due to there being no failed fuse etc.
I was hoping you could narrow done which module as there seems to be a few of them.
as repair costs is a factor hence a bit of the DIY efforts.
Have I reached a point where taking it to a BMW mechanic would be cheaper than buying the tool you suggested and then purchasing a new part if the tool finds the fault.
Can you help further?
Thanks
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
As I stated, this is most likely the body control module. This is a single module by that name.
A scan with a bmw scan tool will be required to verify so investing in such a diagnostic would be the next step. Such is the cost of ownership/repair of this vehicle.
As the question has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating.