Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

Z4: ROGER..I HAVE A 07 Z4 AND THE MOOR TOP WAS

Customer Question

HI ROGER..
I HAVE A 07 Z4 AND THE MOOR FOR THE TOP WAS JUST REPLACED. IT SUDDENLY STOPPED WORKING AND I WAS TRYING TO FIND OUT WHERE THE FUSES ARE FOR THE MOTOR. ALL OTHER FUNCTIONS OF THE TOP OPPENING SEEMS OK.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What is the last 7 of the vin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LW73128
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FYI... JUST BEFORE IT STOPPED WORKING IT HESSITATED THEN WENT DOWN. WHEN TRYING TO RAISE THE TOP THERE WAS NO NOISE AT ALL FROM THE MOTOR. THE MOTOR WAS PURCHASED FROM A LOCAL BMW DEALER MAYBE 4 MONTHS AGO.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
to confirm, your question is where the fuses are for the top?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR IS INFORMATION ON ANY TECHNICAL BULLETINS FOR THIS ISSUE AND POSSIBLY THE LOCATIONS OF THE TOP FUSES /RELAYS OTHER THAN THE GLOVE BOX. SINCE THE MAIN SWITCH APPEARS TO BE OPERATIONAL AND THE NEW MOTOR WAS WORKING (NO HYDROLIC LEAKS) AND NOW YOU CAN'T HEAR THE MOTOR EVEN TRYING TO WORK.....I'M LOOKING FOR IDEAS AND ADVISE.