peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I have a 2008 535i with codes P164CP0123 P0222 AND P1417,

Customer Question

I have a 2008 535i with codes P164C
P0123 P0222 AND P1417, they are all related throttle and pedal codes, my battery died I charged it but when I start the car the rpms go up and down by itself and when I pres the gas pedal no response, no change like it was not conected
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Check for any blown fuses that may have shorted due to a voltage surge when the battery was re charged.I have seen this occur before and had to replace the affected fuses.If this is all o.k. I would check and make sure there is no engine wiring damaged needing repaired as a short in the wiring can cause pedal and throttle codes to set.If this is all o.k. let me know.
Thanks Pete