peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

740i: I bought a 1995 BMW 740i about a year ago. Outside looked

Customer Question

I bought a 1995 BMW 740i about a year ago. Outside looked very clean inside too. Then I hooked up the half dead battery. Lights were on when they weren't supposed to. I replaced the battery same problem..
I went out bought plugs wires filters every fuse and every relay I could get my hands on. Same problem. If the idle falls to low it stalls and needs a jump. I feel I am way over my head I do not have a shop maintenence manual any information will be so helpful. Or the recommendation of a really good but not overly expensive shop in the seacoast of new Hampshire
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If the issue here is the idle drops down at times and stalls out the engine and you have to jump start the vehicle if the battery has been tested and is o.k. or was replaced already I would have the alternator tested to see if it is failing.It may not be charging properly and can cause this fault here.
If this is not what you are asking on this let me know.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alternator is fine as is the ignition, the lights staying on and signals staying lit, led me to believe it was a real I replaced those. Battery was replaced I thought I stated these in the original question. I am still at square one