JayPutelis
JayPutelis, Shop Foreman/ BMW Master Tech
Experience:  12 yrs Experience; ASE Master Technician; ASE L1 Certified
31247390

328i: my 2007 328i driver door will not lock. when hitting

Customer Question

my 2007 328i driver door will not lock. when hitting the lock on the key fob or dash lock button the actuator thumps repeatedly. Any idea what the cause may be. it seems like the actuator is working but somehow is not completely opening or locking.
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All three passenger doors lock and unlock just fine. It's only the drivers door that there is a problem with.
Expert:  JayPutelis replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, Approximately how many miles are on the vehicle? Does the vehicle have comfort access? -JP
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
113000 miles, I not sure what comfort access is
Expert:  JayPutelis replied 1 year ago.
Comfort access is keyless locking/unlocking of the vehicle. This can be done just by having the key in your pocket and reaching for the door handle to unlock. Does the vehicle have this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  JayPutelis replied 1 year ago.
The two most likely issues are the internal door lock actuator electronics for the drivers door malfunctioned, or there is corrosion at the drivers a-pillar connector. To check this remove the 8mm screw holding on the connector at the inside of the drivers door and separate to inspect for corrosion. If bone is present, I would replace the door lock actuator. Hope this helps, please be sure to leave a positive rating, as this is the only way I receive credit for my work and time. Thanks, JP
Expert:  JayPutelis replied 1 year ago.
Please don't forget to leave a positive rating please!
Thanks, JP