peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

Roger: i have a 2010 BMW 335i that only has 20k miles on

Customer Question

hi Roger: i have a 2010 BMW 335i that only has 20k miles on it. i drive it only for short rides. i just took it out, with the top down, after not having driven the car in a month of so. when i returned home and tried to close the hardtop, it wouldn't close. The top came up out of the trunk and i could feel something catch. the glass rear window was still flat. i don't have a garage so will need to put a tarp over the car. this hasn't happened before, and i've had the car for several years.
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Most likely a top position sensor/switch has failed electronically and is sending an incorrect signal causing this fault here.I have seen the position sensor/switches fail before in the past and had to replace the affected sensor.This will need checked with a scan tool/computer plugged into your vehicle that can read the sensors to see if and which one is the cause needing replaced to correct this fault.
Thanks Pete