peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

Very strange noise from left bank of BMW M62TU44B Engine

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Range Rover L322 with a BMW M62TU44B Vanos motor in it. I have just swapped out all three guides rails, and re-furbished both vanos units. The car is running very nicely, and is super smooth and responsive, however it has a strange (and very noticeable) "whining" or "buzzing" sound when the engine is taken above about 1500 RPM. Perhaps what i should say is, I think the noise is always there, but it becomes extremely noticeable over 1500 RPM, and gets increasingly louder as the RPM increases. This is a youtube video of the noise it is making. This video is taken at about 1800 RPM. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaqdqBQ4ClY It is coming from the left bank of the engine.

Category: BMW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
If this noise was not present until after the repairs were done this may be a component with the timing causing this noise here.It sounds like a bearing is worn from here.Your timing components may need inspected again as well as cam shafts for any issues needing repaired.
Thanks Pete