peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I have a BMW 2008 535i my belt broke and I tow my car home,

Customer Question

I have a BMW 2008 535i my belt broke and I tow my car home, after been park for 3 months the battery died, I charge the battery and start the car I got check engine light on with codes P164C. P0123, P0222 AND P1417,the car start but the idle is rought
betwen 1300 and 1400 goes up and down, I hit the gas pedal but no response
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
Check for any vacuum leaks on the engine as this can cause rough idle and running as well as idle fluctuation.If there are no visible vacuum leaks I would have the intake smoke tested with a smoke machine that injects smoke into the intake to locate any hard to see leaks like intake gaskets leaking needing replaced.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not think is a vacuum problem, all 4 codes are throttle related , is a throttle electric issue or is a program issue the car does nothing when I push the gas pedal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The codes are
P164C
Pedal Position Sensor Potentiometer Supply Chanel 1 ElectricalP0123
Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit HighP0222
Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch B Circuit LowP1417
Thottle Control Incorrect Air SupplyYour answer has nothing to do with this codes, the problem is a sensor or electrical,
I apologize my answer didn't help here.Unfortunately that's all the info I have on this here myself.I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.
Thanks Pete