Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Cooper: , my key fob doesn't open any of the doors, but the

Customer Question

Hi, my key fob doesn't open any of the doors, but the parking lights flash when depressed. Center consol switch doesnt work either. Cant open the passager door as the latch wont work either. Truck opens but not the fuel door. Only manually turning the key will open the driver door. I need to assess if the repair is an expensive one, otherwise its time to trade it in. It spends most.of the time in the repair shop and if its a major repair im going to cut my loses.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
I would suggest checking fuses if you have not, but otherwise this is likely a failed body control module which is a fairly expensive fix - ball park $1000
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.